How do I view VR Cams on CAM4?
To watch VR cams you’ll need to download the supported CAM4VR applications for your device at http://www.cam4.com/vr/.
What are the supported devices?
CAM4VR supports the following VR hardware:
- HTC Vive
- Oculus Rift
- Gear VR
- Google Cardboard on an Android phone
More VR hardware will be supported in the future!
How do I install CAM4VR on my device?
HTC Vive and Oculus Rift:
1. Ensure that you have SteamVR installed on your HTC Vive and/or Oculus Runtime 1.3 on your Oculus Rift.
2. Download the CAM4VR for HTC Vive or Oculus Rift application.
3. Launch the application.
1. Ensure you have a Gear VR headset and a compatible phone.
2. Download and install SideloadVR for Gear VR (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sideloadvr.market) and follow the in-app instructions.
3. Browse for CAM4VR in SlideloadVR and tap to install.
4. Ensure that your settings allow 3rd party applications to be installed (Settings —> Lock Screen and Security —> Security —> Unknown Sources (Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store)).
5. Launch the CAM4VR application.
1. Go in your Android phone’s settings and allow 3rd party applications.
(Settings —> Security —> Device Administration —> Unknown Sources (Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store)).
2. Download and install CAM4VR for Cardboard
Can I buy tokens while using CAM4VR?
No, you can’t buy tokens during the CAM4VR experience. However, you can buy them on your desktop or mobile device and they will be waiting for you in VR.
Can I request Private Shows?
Private Shows are not currently available in CAM4VR.
Can I chat with the CAM4VR performer?
On mobile, you can look at the performer or the chat box and tap to start voice-to-text.
On PC platforms, you can look at the performer and hold down the left mouse button to start voice-to-text, or look at the chat box and type on your keyboard.
Where can I view the chat stream?
The chat stream is visible to the right of the performer, you will see the messages users are posting in real time there.
What happens if I get too excited?
It happens, just remember to stay calm, relax, and enjoy the experience ;-).